Winston Churchill once said "Failing to plan is planning to fail"; important at the time and still equally important in business today.
As a business owner, you probably know that producing a robust business plan is beneficial to your business and can help it achieve the business objectives that you have set. We find that although this is widely accepted, many business owners don’t have the time to write a business plan, or, simply do not know where to start. That’s where we come in. As your accountants, we can help you when it comes to business planning.
We are expertly placed to provide you with as much or little help you need when it comes to writing your business plan. From providing a business plan template suited to your needs, to sitting down with you and helping you to define your objectives and goals, we’re with you. We can support you through the process and also help you to set up financial forecasts, which will help you achieve your targets.
A business plan does not have to be an all singing, all dancing bible of a document, nor does it have to predict the future with uncanny accuracy – it does however, have to have a sound basis and be an extension of your drive and objectives.
Things to consider when drafting a business plan:
- Cash – has always been, still is and always will be KING. A business will not grow without it – keeping both advisers and your bank on-side is critical.
- Flexibility – always expect change – never be so rigid that you cannot react to changes in all areas of the business.
- Teamwork – this applies equally to your staff as to the advisors around you, including the accountant, bank manager and lawyer – all successful entrepreneurs build a good advisory team around them – no-one does it alone.
- Attitude - you and your teams attitude is fundamental to achieving your growth plan – it requires patience, tenacity and passion.
- Your ultimate goal – don’t get drawn into the detail, keep focussed on the overall objective.
This is what we do best, talk to us if you want further information or want us to help your business grow.